The Complexity Of Real Estate Development Law In New York
Real estate is at a premium throughout the New York City region and greater metropolitan area. Simply purchasing a parcel of land can be a high-stakes transaction. Combined with a development project, sometimes involving multiple parcels, numerous design professionals, construction contractors and subcontractors and varied methods of financing, the risk for disputes and issues developing is great.
Whether you are the developer assembling the deal, a design professional designing or consulting for the owner or another design professional, construction manager overseeing the work, contractor or subcontractor doing the work, supplier furnishing material, a bank or private lender providing financing or a surety issuing payment or performance bonds, it is necessary to have an attorney protecting your interests at every critical phase of the project. Carré, PLLC Attorneys at Law provides knowledgeable representation for individuals and entities involved in all aspects of these development projects, including:
- Draft, review and negotiate contract documents
- Claims and preclaim dispute avoidance
- Professional malpractice claims and defense
- Coordinate and supervise outside claim consultants
- Sales, purchases, leases and option agreements concerning commercial properties, single and multifamily homes, cooperatives and condominium apartments
- Construction contracts
- Development law
- Construction loan documents
- Counsel concerning real estate financing
- Litigation, mediation, arbitration concerning real estate disputes
Contact Our Westchester County Office For Assistance
To speak with a lawyer for assistance with any of these matters, contact the firm’s White Plains’ office at 914-304-4266 or 888-460-8657. Consultations may also be arranged by using the firm’s online form.